I Heart You! February is American Heart Month
As we approach January, most of us start to contemplate healthy goals. But, did you know that February is all about heart health? So, let’s keep those health goals going into February (and beyond of course) and take care of our hearts!
As we move into February, what can we do to celebrate American Heart Month? Take care of our hearts.
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHBLI/NIH) has these heart-healthy suggestions¹
- Try a new healthy recipe. NIH offers some great recipes on its website. Check it out at https://healthyeating.nhlbi.nih.gov/.
- Commit to a walking schedule. Get moving! It’s great for your heart.
- Since we’ve all been home a lot more lately, this is a fun one: While watching television, get active during commercials! Do jumping jacks, or simply get up for a good stretch.
We’ve all heard the phrase, “we’re all in this together”. The #OurHearts² movement this year focuses not only on self care, but also on the example we set for others. We can encourage others to join us in our heart-healthy goals, whether family, friends, or co-workers, so we can ALL live a heart-healthy life. That means not smoking, eating a healthy diet, exercising, and controlling stress. As NIH tells us, “research shows having social support and personal networks makes getting regular physical activity, eating healthy, losing weight, and quitting smoking easier.”
Yes, we can continue to make those healthy goals a priority beyond the New Year and get the benefits of a healthy heart for years to come.
The information offered here is not medical advice and is not intended to replace guidance offered by your medical professionals.
- https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/education-and-awareness/american-heart-month/about (download 25 ways to take part in Heart Health month) acc. 10 Feb 2021
- https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/education-and-awareness/heart-truth/our-hearts acc. 10 Feb 2021
About GF Health Products, Inc.
Graham-Field is a major manufacturer of healthcare products used in the extended care, acute care, primary care and homecare markets. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with more than 300 US-based employees, Graham-Field has wholly owned domestic factories in WI, GA, NC, and RI, with additional distribution facilities in MO, GA and CA. Graham-Field product brands include Basic American Medical Products™, Everest & Jennings®, Gendron®, Grafco®, Hausted®, Intensa®, John Bunn®, Labtron®, Lumex® and Lumiscope®. Visit grahamfield.com or call 1.770.368.4700.