Patient Safety Awareness Week: March 8-14
Safety isn’t expensive, it’s priceless – unknown
A patient goes into the hospital for an extended stay. Another person must go to a surgery center for outpatient surgery. The patient at home who is recovering or just wants to stay independent: What do all of these people have in common? Increased risk of injury during care.
According to the World Health Organization, estimates show that…as many as one in ten patients is harmed while receiving hospital care.* Therefore, whether in a hospital, surgery or home setting, patient safety is a serious and vital concern.
March 8-14 is Patient Safety Awareness Week. Caregivers have many systems, processes, and aids to help patients and limit the risk of additional injury. Graham-Field provides many of the items used to protect both the patient and the caregiver.
- Single platform procedure chairs to limit patient transfers from pre-op through post-op
- Patient Transfer boards from the bed to the wheelchair
- Patient Lifts to easily move patients without straining the caregiver
- Bed Alarms to let caregiver staff know if a patient falls out of bed
- Shower chairs and transfer benches to facilitate bathing
- Grab bars and raised commode seats to enable toileting activities
Patient safety is fundamental to good healthcare. How is patient safety defined? As the National Academy of Medicine‡ explains, patient safety is, “the prevention of harm to patients.” We at Graham-Field are honored to provide items that help protect the patient and caregiver experience from harm.
About GF Health Products, Inc.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with more than 300 US-based employees, GF Health Products, Inc. is a major manufacturer of healthcare products for the acute care, extended care, homecare and primary care markets. Graham-Field product brands include Basic American Medical Products, Everest & Jennings, Grafco, Hausted, Intensa, John Bunn, Labtron, Lumex and Lumiscope. Visit www.grahamfield.com or call 1.770.368.4700.